Read more here.
Many of you know that Microsoft’s file-level antivirus product is changing. For those who don’t, here are some high-level points you all should be aware of:
· Forefront Client Security is now Forefront Endpoint Protection (beta)
· Its delivered as a software package via SCCM and SCCM only.
· The management of it is done via SCCM. (Need 2007 R2/SP2 or later)
· It’s free* (provided you own SCCM).
*Last I heard. This isn’t official until it RTMs *It’s free for eCAL users
· You don’t need more servers beyond what you already have for SCCM (Functionally speaking; performance may dictate)
· The client is nearly identical to Microsoft Security Essentials
· The client installer will seek and destroy uninstall Symantec, MacAfee, Trend Micro and old Forefront (FCS) versions if found.
· It will (soon) have pre-canned lists of exclusions for products like Exchange and SharePoint.
For more info you may consider watching this webcast (skip to 13 minutes in to get to the technical stuff):